Expanding capacity is as simple as increasing mixing
- The level of mixing in your lagoon determines how well the metabolizing microorganisms come into contact with the food (BOD).
- As a result, the level of mixing determines how much can be treated and how quickly.
- The higher the mixing rate, the faster the treatment.
Adding baffle curtains alone can increase treatment capacity.
- Floating baffle curtains improve hydraulic retention time by forcing water to travel longer distances. This improves treatment.
- If aeration is used, the baffle curtains create different treatment zones, thereby improving overall treatment kinetics.
Combine mixing improvements with baffle curtains to optimize treatment.
- Baffle curtains create different treatment zones within an aerated lagoon.
- The higher the mix rate within a zone, the higher the treatment.
- The number of zones and their mixing rates can be modeled and optimized to minimize the cost of expanding capacity while meeting water quality effluent objectives.
More efficiency. More mixing.
Need to go big? Expand capacity 10x with LRAS.
- Triplepoint’s LRAS® (Lagoon Return Activated Sludge) is a lagoon/mechanical plant hybrid.
- A complete-mix lagoon receives influent flow. Secondary clarification and return sludge from clarifiers creates a mixed liquor in the lagoon.
- LRAS expands a lagoon system by 10x its original rated capacity within the same footprint.
Related Blog Posts
Short-circuiting is a common cause of lagoon effluent issues. Learn how lagoon hydraulics contribute to short-circuiting and how to diagnose and correct it.
Download the LRAS brochure.
Learn how LRAS can expand your treatment capacity for both flows and loadings.
Whether you’re looking for an ammonia solution for your lagoon or just have a quick question about algae, we’re here for you.
We want to be your #1 resource for all things wastewater lagoons. If we can help you, please don’t hesitate to get in touch.
We pledge to provide all our customers with the most authentic, long-term solution available. These solutions are built on the shoulders of more than 30 years of professional wastewater engineering experience. Our commitments to excellence, sound research, adaptability, and environmental consciousness separate Triplepoint from our competition.
We stand behind our products and processes. Every installation is backed by our Technology Performance Guarantee: We guarantee that our equipment will do what we say it will do.