Fundamentals of Aeration
- to supply the required oxygen to the metabolizing microorganisms and
- to provide mixing so that the microorganisms come into intimate contact with the dissolved and suspended organic matter.”
Mixing, not O2, has a greater impact on treatment
- The level of mixing in your lagoon determines how well the metabolizing microorganisms come into contact with the food (BOD).
- As a result, the level of mixing determines how much can be treated and how quickly.
- The higher the mixing rate, the faster the treatment.
Oxygen Transfer Efficiency
- Aeration options available to lagoons vary in relative efficiency based on clean water testing.
- Fine bubble is among the most efficient technologies, with coarse bubble and surface aeration being the least efficient.
- However, lagoon fine bubble systems can struggle to properly mix the entire lagoon due to sheer volume of water.
More efficiency. More mixing.
In situ sludge reduction
- Multiple sludge reduction studies have been conducted with dual action coarse and fine bubble technology utilized by the Ares.
- Simply by providing more mixing and oxygen to lagoons, sludge can be reduced in place.
- Average level of sludge reduction is 45–50%.
Related Blog Posts
In order to design a system that yields efficient lagoon aeration, you must know the factors that affect efficiency.
Learn the data points needed to design an optimal lagoon aeration system and the often-overlooked factors that may result in insufficient treatment.
Our video outlines the different measures of efficiency and how various aeration technologies measure up.
Download the Ares Aeration brochure.
Learn how Ares provides superior lagoon aeration, reduces maintenance, and increases efficiency.
Whether you’re looking for a cost-effective aeration upgrade for your lagoon or just have a quick question about algae, we’re here for you.
We want to be your #1 resource for all things wastewater lagoons. If we can help you, please don’t hesitate to get in touch.
We pledge to provide all our customers with the most authentic, long-term solution available. These solutions are built on the shoulders of more than 30 years of professional wastewater engineering experience. Our commitments to excellence, sound research, adaptability, and environmental consciousness separate Triplepoint from our competition.
We stand behind our products and processes. Every installation is backed by our Technology Performance Guarantee: We guarantee that our equipment will do what we say it will do.